Wednesday, 10 December 2014

P2 Evaluating myself

Personal Characteristics

  • Good communicator.
  • Good team worker.
  • Can lead a team full of confidence.  
  • Very creative and open minded.
  • Friendly and down to earth.
  • Punctual and easy to get along with.
Now I am driving, I am able to get to places easier and on time without having the trouble to getting to far away places. I am always dressed in the right type of clothing when it comes to the work I am going to do. I also like to lead, making sure everyone is doing their work and is up-to-date with everything, I aim to give my confidence onto the group, ever since Long Road sixth form I am now more confident communicating with other people. Moreover, I like to get things done and have the group and the work flow along the time that is given to us.

My Skills
  • I have experience with Premiere Pro, After Effects, Garage Band, Photoshop and Toonboom harmony.
  • I am able to create 2D and 3D animations.
  • I am a visionaire, when I see it, I make it.
  • I can think outside the box.
  During my time at Long Road, I have learnt how to edit on softwares such as Premier Pro. Throughout those 3 years at Long Road, I am very confident for what software is given to me and my group next, I will be confident to take the rails of the software and produce something from my creative mind as again, I have used the softwares for three years and made short and long films with them.

Achievements that are relevant
  • Two weeks forest ranger.
  • Got a distinction in Media Level 2
  • C in GCSE Drama
  • Created school poster for the last year.
During my time of education I have had many achievements, they all lead me one way to the other. Giving me a wide variety of choices of what to do. Once getting a C in Drama, many of the colleges I had chosen, picked me as they saw my creativity and hardship. Once getting the distinction for Media Level 2, the universities I had applied for chose me.

My interests and hobbies
  • Videogames
  • Drawing
  • Animating 
  • Filming
  • Reading
  • Watching films
  • Writing
  • Listening to music
Experience
'Forest Ranger at the Gogmagogs'
During my time at secondary school, I was given the role 'Forest Ranger', although it wasn't related to film, it did build up my confidence when it came to talking to the public around the forest grounds, this really made me who I am now. What I did there was making fences, cutting down trees and picking up logs.

Music Video
For media studies, I was put into a group of five to produce a music video for a local band called 'The Silent Majority'. My role for this was Product Manager, here, I organised the paper work into the folder and made sure everyone was up-to-date with everything. Because one of the members of the group was ill during the past couple of weeks, I always messaged them to see if they were coming in, if not, I would update them of what is going on and then give them the work they should do the next time they come in. The main aim i was giving the group was to be well organised and to follow the instructions carefully. However, when we were all ready to start filming the band during the holidays, on last minute they couldn't make it. What we did instead was we got one of our members of the group who was in fact an artist, and made a music video of them instead. It took quick thinking and organising to make this happen, it was a challenge to overcome as at the time, we were behind with the shooting of the video. Luckily, we got it all done in the nick of time.

Animation
When we were given the task of doing an animation in media, I knew I wanted to do it. We were into a pair and discussed ideas to one another. In the end, we came up with the idea about a traveller and a snowman. We researched how this could be done and I came up with the idea of it being black and white, so it gives a artistic effect, making it look like a moving painting more like. How we did this was by filming two minute sequences of live action footage from the side then importing them into the computer and animating each frame. However, we needed the right software. Luckily, I had toonboom harmony at home which is a very professional animation software and tom had the 30 day trial version. As I worked from home and Tom worked at college, we eventually came to a finish and Tom edited our four pieces of animation together.
http://joshvallelyanimation.blogspot.co.uk/

Advertising Campaign Paper Work
I also did an advertising campaign for Nanna Mexico. I did this with a partner and we split the work load 50/50.  The brief was to make two posters, one for inside and the other outside. He mostly did the drawings as he is brilliant while I did the equally important paper work. We got a plan from the company which we had to follow which felt like a taste of the real media job. We had to give of a certain message when doing the project that was, "Eat Fresh and Healthy". Once completed we got very positive feedback from Nanna Mexico. we did the posters in PhotoShop as we had a lot of experience using it form previous projects. 
http://advertisingjvallely.blogspot.co.uk/

Evaluation and the skills I want to improve on
I see myself to be a skilled individual that has the leadership and and qualities when it comes to being part of a group. For example, the music video 'Hurt Burn'. When it came to the turning point of not being able to shoot the original band, I had to think outside the box of how shoot footage before the dead line, so I got everyone together and discussed ideas about where and when to shoot and what ideas to make the video itself different. We all wrote notes and then picked the ones we all liked, after that I then began asking teachers of what rooms were free and made sure everyone back in the classroom was doing their role job. After the filming, some people in our group had trouble with the software 'Premiere Pro', when someone needed help I always volunteered to help them, I would quickly show them a step by step guide then write it down on a piece of paper so they don't forget and went straight back to my work. Doing this, made me develop my skills even further as it made me think of different ways of helping people with softwares.

 Overall, the things I have learnt during my three years of Long Road Sixth Form College, it has made me realise that I want to work with the film industry. I am tired of just drawing things on paper, I want my characters and settings on the big screen, and I want to work with a loveable group of talented people and make something the audience will not forget.  

No comments:

Post a Comment